Precision Polishing Jewellery and Silverware - February 2018
15-Feb-18 to 16-Feb-18Opening Hours:
9.30am – 4.30pm, £299Link Up To Book
Apply for ticket
The course is suitable for students with jewellery or silversmithing skills, but also those wishing to extend their knowledge from other disciplines such as designers or sculptors.
Key topics covered:
- Health and Safety related issues
- How to prepare for the best results
- Hand polishing & burnishing
- Use of abrasives, sand, composition & the various tools that are used such as leather, felt, brushes & various grades calico mops
- Finishes such as, bright, matt & textured surfaces with the standard buffing method
- Barrel polishing
- Looking after polished silver
Stephen M Goldsmith is an expert Master Polisher with over 45 years’experience in the Jewellery Trade. He is a fellow of the Institute of Professional Goldsmiths and has worked at Asprey & Garrard the Crown Jewellers, The Tower of London Jewel House and the Royal Mint. He has polished and restored many famous pieces such as the Wimbledon Cup and currently works for various clients such as a celebrity Jeweller Theo Fennell. He is an experienced tutor teaching internationally and across the UK.
Can't make this session? We're also running the course in November. Sign up here.